Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bypassing Hit F1 to continue on reboot?

1. Oct 17, 2007 #1

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

bypassing "Hit F1 to continue" on reboot?

I have a Proliant ML570 server in my lab. When it gets rebooted, it always requires manual intervention to get beyond the "Hit F1 to continue..." message. I'd like to bypass that step, or at least have it time out and continue rebooting after a few seconds. Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2007 #2

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Is there a bios setting something like "halt on all errors"
    It could be a specific server thing since you might want not want a server to restart in a unknown state in the middle of the night, especially if a backup server has already taken over.

4. Oct 17, 2007 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I don't think it's an error. I think that message pops up as part of the normal boot sequence. In this case, I would like it to time out and just boot up if there's a restart in the middle of the night. This came to my attention when we recently upgraded that server from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.

5. Oct 17, 2007 #4

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The only times I have seen this message it has been a bad BIOS setting or a dead CMOS battery.
    Try going into BIOS setup and hitting save changes exit.
    If that doesn't fix it replace the battery.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?