1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calc Physics vs Algebra Physics

1. Mar 25, 2016 #1
    Does taking calculus based physics make it fun and more understandable, compared to algebra based physics? It seems like the algebra-based physics you don't go in-depth.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 25, 2016 #2
    Sure. I think that goes for anything.

If you enjoy learning, the deeper and more involved you get, the more enjoyable and rewarding things become.

4. Mar 25, 2016 #3
    What about people taking algebra bases physics. Do they know the concept of the material?

5. Mar 26, 2016 #4

Redbelly98

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

An algebra-based physics course typically covers a wider array of topics, but as you wrote, in less depth. Maybe you could look at the extra topics covered in your school's algebra-based course. If you decide they are something you would want to study, then you may want to go the algebra-based route.

If you're a college student, your major probably dictates which course you need to satisfy that major's requirements.

I think that depends more on the individual person than on the actual material being studied.

6. Mar 26, 2016 #5
    The distinction tends to depend on how the school distinguishes the courses. I'd recommend reading the course descriptions in the catalog and even getting syllabi for comparison.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted