1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculate Heat conductivity of Tube by Matlab

1. Apr 25, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

I am new to matlab, and I have a question (in page 2 and 3 of attached file). As I understand, i have some equations to calculate the thermal conductivity of the pipe-like solid, and I have to use Matlab to make a program to do it. But i dont know where to start?

It may be easy for you but i dont understand what i have to do now. So could you pls tell me what i have to do with this one.

My great thanks! View attachment Termproject_CFD.pdf
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 27, 2012 #2
    Sozi, I've just found this is about thermal conductivity of a nanowire ^^. And I have to use Matlab with the given eqs. to calculate the thermal conductivity k, but there is still some variables/parameters which I've not understand:

Untitled.jpg

in the eq.(1): where can I find the Kbulk and Phonon Mean Free Path of Bulk Material?

Thannk very much for any help!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook