1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculate how many revolutions the flywheel turns

1. Apr 20, 2017 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    upload_2017-4-20_12-58-35.png

upload_2017-4-20_12-58-14.png

2. Relevant equations
    I have calculated the kinetic energy and the total moment of inertia. https://www.physicsforums.com/file:///C:/Users/javad/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.png [Broken]

3. The attempt at a solution
    I really don't know how to solve the problem. Hope someone can lead me on the right track.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2017 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

Was there some initial rotational velocity or means to set the wheel rotating?

The image link you've placed in the relevant equations section is broken. It likely points to a location that is not publicly accessible. Note that the relevant equations section is for listing equations, typically from your course notes or text book repertoire of equations, that you feel might be useful or applicable to solving problems of this type. It's not meant to hold part of the solution itself, or statements of what you've done.

You'll have to show an attempt at solution before help can be offered (your thread risks deletion for lack of effort). At least describe what you have tried or what approaches you've considered.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted