Calculate Inertial Constant K I for Sphere + 4 Disks

  • Thread starter Thread starter GreenSabbath
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Constant Inertial
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
GreenSabbath
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I = kMr 2
Where M is the mass of the flywheel, r its radius and k is its inertial constant.
Can I calculate my own inertial constant( a sphere + 4 disks around the sphere)

Thanks Help will be appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
So in short I am adding weight on the side of the ball .. as mass of the wieights is increased concentration of mass is distributed more... so I decreases. I am confused I don't understand the parallel axis theorem. An an increase in alpha would obviously mean an increase in spin velocity? Yes?