Calculate Max. Force on Car Lights at Highway Speeds

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter VooDooCC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Force Speed
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
VooDooCC
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hello all,
What I'm trying to figure out is how I would calculate the max. force on the lights so I can determine which electromechanics to use for a pan/tilt system.
I know the bar will have 4 lights, but I haven't decided on which lights I'm going to use. I am hoping for an equation I could use to calculate the force on different size lights at highway speeds

Thank you in advance,
Justin
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
What force are you talking about? The effect of wind speed over the car?
 
Sorry, I was in a hurry typing that earlier.
What I'm talking about is the force of wind on the lights. I'm wanting to calculate this, so I know how strong of an actuator I need to use.

I'm going to be making something similar to but for a different truck and don't want to spend the $1700
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That would depend on many different variables, mainly the size and orientation of the lights themselves.