Calculate the safety factors for crane

In summary, the conversation is about a problem involving calculating safety factors for various crane parts. The parts and their corresponding numbers are listed and it is mentioned that the lengths are in millimeters. The person asking for help also mentions needing to see the steps used in the calculations. Another person doubts that someone will solve the problems for them and suggests using equations and stress concentration factors. The person asking for help expresses doubt in the problem itself being wrong and asks for clarification.
hagopbul
I can't solve this problem, can u ?
We have this crane hook which has a force F=3000dN pulling it down and we have to calculate a few designing elements look to the section and calculate the safety factors for:
1. the crane hook (part No. 5 )at the section A-A and B-B .
2. the hook trunion (part No. 6) at the section A-A and B-B .
3. the pulley pin (part No. 3)at the middle section .
4. the side plate (part No.1 ) the factor of safety on tension at the section A-A
and on bearing pressure at the lower hole.
This will help u:
figure of the parts No. part's name
2 1 side plate
2 2 pulley
2 3 pulley pin
1 4 nut lock pin
1 5 crane hook
1 6 hook trunion
6 7 hex. nut M76
1 8 castle nut M76
2 9 washer 76 *10
2 10 pin 4*25
All the lengths r in mm. and please show me the all the steps that u made.
THANK U FOR HELPING ME ANY WAY.

Attachments

• -11-.jpg
    -11-.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 419
  • -22-.jpg
    -22-.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 402
  • -33-.jpg
    -33-.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 392
Physics news on Phys.org
Did you ever study Solid Mechanics ?
I doubt someone here is going to calculate these problems for you, if somebody does then you're in luck of course. These are basic problems if they're theoretical, you need Hooke's Law, Von Misses and some basic stress equations plus the stress concentration for the holes which can be calculated or directly obtained from tables in books on the subject. Like Peterson's stress-concentration factors that FredGarvin suggested to me yesterday.

Please refer to the forum guidelines on help with homework problems.

thank you
but my q is that i feel that these problem it self is wrong:rolleyes:
but i don't see where:confused:

1. What is a safety factor?

A safety factor is a numerical value used to determine the structural integrity and stability of a crane. It represents the ratio of the crane's maximum load capacity to the actual load being lifted.

2. How is the safety factor calculated for a crane?

The safety factor for a crane is calculated by dividing the maximum load capacity of the crane by the actual load being lifted. This value is then compared to industry standards to determine if the crane is safe to use.

3. What is the recommended safety factor for a crane?

The recommended safety factor for a crane varies depending on the type and size of the crane, as well as the industry it is being used in. However, a safety factor of at least 5 is generally considered to be safe and standard for most cranes.

4. Why is it important to calculate the safety factor for a crane?

Calculating the safety factor for a crane is crucial to ensure the safety of workers and the stability of the crane. It helps to prevent accidents and damage to the crane, as well as ensuring that the load being lifted is within the crane's capabilities.

5. What factors can affect the safety factor of a crane?

The safety factor of a crane can be affected by various factors such as the condition and maintenance of the crane, the type and weight of the load being lifted, and external factors such as wind and weather conditions. It is important to regularly assess and recalculate the safety factor to account for any changes or potential risks.