1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculating Angular acceleration of wheel

1. Nov 29, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Calculate the angular acceleration in radians per second squared of a wheel that starts from rest and attains an angular velocity of 545 revolutions per minute in 1.00 minute. (a) What is the angular displacement in radians of the wheel during the first 0.500 min? (b) During the second 0.500min?

2. Relevant equations
    d=T/I
    v=d/t
    Angular speed/time interval=angular acceleration

3. The attempt at a solution
    v*t=d 545 * 1=545
    (545)*(0.500min)

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2011 #2
    What are the units for angular velocity?

4. Nov 29, 2011 #3
    ...and how do you convert revolutions per minute to this unit?

5. Nov 30, 2011 #4
    That's what I'm asking the OP to do. We can't do the work for him, but point him in the right direction.

6. Dec 1, 2011 #5
    Radians per second squared i think the answer should be in...can you tell me the right formulas to use because i am not sure if these are right or not.

7. Dec 1, 2011 #6
    Nearly, that's the units for angular acceleration. Angular velocity is Rad/s.

The problem asks you to find the angular acceleration first, so do that, and we'll go from there.

8. Dec 8, 2011 #7
    Ok, I have found that answer already...Can you tell me what type of lever (what class) is testtube that we use in chemistry? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd...I am thinking 1st

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook