Calculating Force Problems on Toy Car

• Thread starter shenwei1988
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Car Force
In summary, the conversation discusses a solved problem involving a toy car going around a circular track with a given mass, radius, and final speed. The first question asks for the magnitude of the inward force needed to keep the car moving in a circle, which is calculated using the equation F=mv^2/r. The second question involves finding the magnitude of the tangential force, which is solved by treating the problem as a linear force problem and using the given information to find the force.
shenwei1988
[SOLVED] force problems

A 7.79 kg toy car now starts at rest and is going around a circular track of radius 38.5 m, the accelerates at a constant rate to a final speed of 5.13 m/s in 6 seconds. At the instant it reaches its final speed, find:1.the magnitude of the inward force needed to keep it moving in a circle
2.the magnitude of the tangential force

F=ma
a=v2/r

question1. F=mv2/r=7.79(5.13)(5.13)/38.5=5.32. and that's is right.
question2. the magnitude of the tangential force, i don't know what to do with it ,can anybody help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
The tangential force problem is the same as a linear force problem. 0->5.13m/sec in 6sec. How much force?

thank you for help. i got the answer.

Related to Calculating Force Problems on Toy Car

1. How do I calculate the force on a toy car?

To calculate the force on a toy car, you will need to know the mass of the car (in kilograms) and its acceleration (in meters per second squared). Then, you can use the formula F=ma, where F is the force in Newtons, m is the mass, and a is the acceleration.

2. What is the difference between net force and applied force?

Net force refers to the overall force acting on an object, taking into account all of the individual forces acting on it. Applied force, on the other hand, specifically refers to the force applied to an object by an external source.

3. How can I calculate the force required to move a toy car?

The force required to move a toy car will depend on the friction between the car and the surface it is moving on. In addition to the force of the car's weight, you will need to apply an additional force to overcome the friction. This can be calculated using the formula F=μmg, where μ is the coefficient of friction, m is the mass of the car, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

4. What is the relationship between force and acceleration?

According to Newton's second law of motion, the force acting on an object is directly proportional to its acceleration. This means that as the force increases, the acceleration will also increase, and vice versa. This relationship is described by the formula F=ma.

5. How does the angle of a ramp affect the force required to move a toy car up the ramp?

The angle of a ramp will affect the force required to move a toy car up the ramp because it will change the amount of work needed to overcome the force of gravity. The steeper the ramp, the more work and force will be required to move the car up it. This can be calculated using the formula W=Fd, where W is the work, F is the force, and d is the distance the car travels up the ramp.