Calculating Magnetic Field of a Tight Coil

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
lemaire
Messages
16
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement




A 1.88 m long wire carrying 3.1 A is wound into a tight, loop shaped coil 0.05 cm in diameter. What is the magnetic field at its center?

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution


I use Ampere's law but i get the wrong answer. I think i did not set up the equation right. Please i need answer with equation so i can compare it to mine not a chat.
Thank you for your comprehension.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Post the work that you did, and then we can try to help you. We do not give out answers here on the PF (check the Rules link at the top of the page).

What equations are you using? I'm also moving this thread to Intro Physics.