Calculating Specific Enthalpy of Air at Different Temperatures and Pressures

  • Thread starter Thread starter JSBeckton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Specific
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 23K views
JSBeckton
Messages
224
Reaction score
0
I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but how do you find the specific enthalopy of air at a given temp and pressure? I Have been using my thermo tables for everything but I do not have tables for air. The only tables for air that I see list the properties at .1 Mpa and I need it at 200, and 90kPa. Do I use Cp?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Enthalpy for Ideal gases are given in your tables as functions of temperature in Kelvin.

You can use cp when the temperature range is small as an approximation.