Calculating the n=1 Energy Level of B4+ Ion

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
jessiewills
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
What is the energy of the n = 1 energy level in the
B4+ hydrogen-like ion?
I need it to 4 significant figures...
I know the equation is

En=Z squared X -13.60 /n squared... however I can't work out the answer to four significant figs
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why not? You have 13.60 to 4 significant figures. What is Z? What is n?
 
-340...but its needed in 4 significant figures? and i really don't understand how i can get that too it...im dumb :/
 
You started with 13.6, but it was 13.60 to 4 significant figures, so what is 340 to 4 significant figures?
 
340.0...really? that simple also do i need to keep it to minus or does it change?