Calculating the Sum of Infinite Series: 2^k/k! Method

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
apiwowar
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
how would i go about finding the sum of the infinite series 2^k/k!?

its not a geometric so i can't use the formulas for that so i really have no clue.

any help would be appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It might help to know the taylor expansion of e^x.
 
i was thinking that but could that work since that's not a power series?
 
apiwowar said:
i was thinking that but could that work since that's not a power series?

The taylor expansion of e^x IS a power series. It's not geometric, I'm not sure what you are worried about.
 
wait nevermind, i was confusing myself.
so what I am talking about would be the closed form for the taylor series e^2 then, right?
 
apiwowar said:
wait nevermind, i was confusing myself.
so what I am talking about would be the closed form for the taylor series e^2 then, right?

I don't see anything wrong with that.