Calculation of round slots on the rotor for a squirrel cage asynchronous motor

  • Thread starter Thread starter SenyaUw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cage Rotor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 2K views
SenyaUw
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
Good afternoon, I started calculating the asynchronous motor with 2P=2 Zs=24, Zr=28. I want to use round-shaped closed-type slots for copper bars. The question is whether there is any method for calculating such round grooves of a closed type, before that I used rectangular or trapezoidal all the time. There are also some recommendations for choosing the height to which the rods should be sunk. Rotation speed 50000, rotor diameter 55 mm.Thank you in advance
1723624323255.png
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Rounds bars are not well suited for higher torque applications. Burying them can decrease torque pulsations and noise, while sacrificing leakage induction and breakdown torque.

You can find a somewhat more detailed treatment of them in Boldea, Nasar - The induction machine handbook.