Calculator Question (Casio) -- How to disable "Shift 9 = AC"

In summary, the conversation is about a calculator issue where the answer is showing up with a fraction. The manual for the calculator discusses this feature and suggests removing the battery for a few minutes to reset it back to factory default configuration. The user tried this but the issue persisted and it was suggested to switch modes or choose a different function, which ultimately solved the problem.
chriscarson
Homework Statement
Calculator issue
Relevant Equations
Shift 9 = AC
Anybody knows how to take this off because when I m doing for example 0.025 ÷ 2 = is showing the answer with a fraction.

Attachments

• received_630514821221810.jpeg
    received_630514821221810.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 87
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes chriscarson
Is it possible to remove the battery for a few minutes? If it's not too hard to do, that might reset it back to factory default configuration.

Likes chriscarson
berkeman said:
Is it possible to remove the battery for a few minutes? If it's not too hard to do, that might reset it back to factory default configuration.

Ok I can try that. Beleived that with reset on the number 9 button would do the job.well anyway thanks for your help

Likes berkeman
I tried the battery removal nearly 10 min but still there .

So you used the procedure below?

1599492997705.png

Likes chriscarson
berkeman said:
So you used the procedure below?

View attachment 269009

here it says only how to put it on if I m not wrong.

chriscarson said:
It shows how to switch modes, I believe. Which one of those 4 modes do you want to be using?

1599493549521.png

Likes Lnewqban and chriscarson
chriscarson said:

ok it worked, had to choose another function to make it vanish, thanks a lot for your help.

berkeman said:
It shows how to switch modes, I believe. Which one of those 4 modes do you want to be using?

ok it worked, had to choose another function to make it vanish, thanks a lot for your help.

Likes berkeman
Yay! :smile:

Likes etotheipi and chriscarson

1. How do I disable the "Shift 9 = AC" function on my Casio calculator?

To disable the "Shift 9 = AC" function on your Casio calculator, follow these steps:

1. Press the "Shift" button on your calculator.

2. Press the "9" button to select the "AC" function.

3. Press the "Mode" button.

4. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Shift" option.

5. Press the "Enter" button to select the "Shift" option.

6. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Off" option.

7. Press the "Enter" button to confirm the change and disable the "Shift 9 = AC" function.

2. Can I re-enable the "Shift 9 = AC" function on my Casio calculator?

Yes, you can re-enable the "Shift 9 = AC" function on your Casio calculator by following the same steps as above, but selecting the "On" option in step 6.

3. Why would I want to disable the "Shift 9 = AC" function on my Casio calculator?

Disabling the "Shift 9 = AC" function can be useful if you frequently use the "AC" function and do not want to have to press the "Shift" button every time you need to use it.

4. Will disabling the "Shift 9 = AC" function affect any other functions on my Casio calculator?

No, disabling the "Shift 9 = AC" function will only affect the "AC" function. All other functions will remain unchanged.

5. Can I customize the "Shift 9 = AC" function to perform a different action?

No, the "Shift 9 = AC" function is a default setting on Casio calculators and cannot be customized to perform a different action.