How to disable Mobsync.exe on window vista?

• Thread starter aphuyen1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Window
In summary, the conversation is about trying to disable the "mobsync.exe" file on a Windows Vista operating system. The individual has tried various methods, such as taking ownership of the file and using command prompt, but has not been successful. They are seeking help to disable the file as it is causing their laptop to overheat. A potential solution is suggested to try disabling it through the "msconfig.exe" program or following a tutorial specific to Vista.
aphuyen1
http://yahoo-ans.com/U37HySkeeghwAMrrjT7Ix5XNG_ylv3qid20100228182319AAg_nhakhoa_SQr5/ [Broken]

i tried it all i think but a lot that's online right now only seems to work on XP not vista

well this is what i tried so far you tell me what to do know! here my list of failures lol...

i went to C:\Windows\system32 and took ownership of mobsync.exe file by right clicking and going under properties and clicking security tab and clicling owner tab and changing the owner to me

then trying to change the name of mobsync.exe so it would not run but no luck

then i tried to

use command prompt to do it by

running this code to take ownership

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe

then this to give me full control

cacls C:\Windows\System32\mobsync.exe /G tommy:F

but no luck i just get a error message

then i read someone did in regedit but i tried but they were wrong or had a xp because it didnt match vista regedit at all here it was

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\… df3-10306abf19b2}
if you have a vista you will know there is no currentversion in vista regedit!

well hope someone can help because this is overheating my laptop and i need it off or out thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Try running "msconfig.exe" and looking in the Startup tab. You might be able to disable it there.

"Details" link to some Friday 13th essay.

I would suggest trying the following steps to disable Mobsync.exe on Windows Vista:

1. Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.

2. Click on the "Processes" tab and look for "mobsync.exe" in the list of processes.

3. Right-click on "mobsync.exe" and select "End Process" to stop it from running.

4. Next, go to the "Start" menu and type "msconfig" in the search bar.

5. Click on "msconfig.exe" to open the System Configuration window.

6. Go to the "Startup" tab and look for "mobsync.exe" in the list of startup programs.

7. Uncheck the box next to "mobsync.exe" to prevent it from starting up when you turn on your computer.

8. Click "Apply" and then "OK" to save the changes.

9. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

If this method does not work, you can also try disabling Mobsync.exe through the Registry Editor:

1. Open the Registry Editor by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard, typing "regedit" and pressing Enter.

2. Navigate to the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

3. Look for a value named "mobsync.exe" in the right-hand pane.

4. Right-click on it and select "Delete" to remove it.

5. Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

If none of these methods work, you may need to seek assistance from a professional technician or contact Microsoft support for further assistance. It is important to be cautious when making changes to your system's files and registry, as it can potentially cause damage if done incorrectly.

1. How do I disable Mobsync.exe on Windows Vista?

To disable Mobsync.exe on Windows Vista, you can follow these steps:

1. Click on the "Start" button and type "msconfig" in the search bar.
  2. Press "Enter" to open the System Configuration window.
  3. Click on the "Startup" tab.
  4. Scroll down the list and uncheck the box next to "Mobsync".
  5. Click on "Apply" and then "OK".
  6. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

2. Will disabling Mobsync.exe affect my computer's performance?

Disabling Mobsync.exe will not affect your computer's performance. Mobsync.exe is a process that synchronizes files between your computer and other devices, but it is not necessary for the basic functioning of your computer.

3. Can I permanently disable Mobsync.exe on Windows Vista?

Yes, you can permanently disable Mobsync.exe by following these steps:

1. Open the System Configuration window by typing "msconfig" in the search bar and pressing "Enter".
  2. Click on the "Services" tab.
  3. Scroll down the list and uncheck the box next to "Mobsync".
  4. Click on "Apply" and then "OK".
  5. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

4. Is it safe to disable Mobsync.exe on Windows Vista?

Yes, it is safe to disable Mobsync.exe on Windows Vista. As mentioned earlier, Mobsync.exe is not essential for the basic functioning of your computer and disabling it will not cause any harm.

5. How do I enable Mobsync.exe if I want to use it again?

If you want to enable Mobsync.exe again, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the System Configuration window by typing "msconfig" in the search bar and pressing "Enter".
  2. Click on the "Startup" tab.
  3. Scroll down the list and check the box next to "Mobsync".
  4. Click on "Apply" and then "OK".
  5. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.