Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Calculus class-will i struggle?

1. May 10, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Ok, its not exactly related to this section but I need your help!
    I want to do maths as minor at university. My major is in science as I started doing a sport science degree and didn't want to waste all the units I had done.

My university only has 3 maths units so I have to do them all. I am told that 2 are fairly easy but the third is calculus and is hard. As its my minor I will never have to teach calculus but there just aren't enough maths units offered. Do you think I will stuggle??

When I was at school I did top maths until yeat 11, so I started geometry and trig. I left school in 2005.

Let me know what you think

2. jcsd
  3. May 10, 2010 #2

HallsofIvy

Science Advisor

Yes, if it has been 5 years since you took math, you will really struggle. To do calculus, you will need to be really good at algebra and trig. Of course, I can't say how fast you will pick it up again.

4. May 10, 2010 #3
    thanks for you opinion. i have been told that the lecturer for the class is the same guy we had for our physics/chem classes and he was really good with those. I was able to pick-up chemistry which i dropped in my final year at school! thanks again

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook