1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus III & differential equations in one semester?

1. May 3, 2008 #1
    should i or should i not? any advice? heres my current fall08 schedule:
    differential equations
    mechanics of solids and fluids
    general ed course

both calcIII and de are in the evening (back-to-back, 2 hours each). for those who have taken both of these classes, is it possible? or am i setting myself up to drop on of those during the semester? i hear that de isnt too bad of a course. if i take them separately, ill have to add another semester to my plan, making it 4 years in community college...ouch. any advice/insights would be appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2008 #2
    If you havent taken linear algebra yet i would replace d.e. with that and then take d.e. next semester
  4. May 3, 2008 #3
    at community college? easily doable.
  5. May 3, 2008 #4
    I took DE/Cal III/EP II in my last semester at CC before transferring and it was a surprisingly light semester.
  6. May 3, 2008 #5
    Agreed. DiffEq and Calc III are easily manageable together...especially at CC.
  7. May 3, 2008 #6
    I am taking similar courses this quarter - two math, one engineering, one GE. Easily doable.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?