1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Can 18 units be manageable and if so what are some tips

1. Jun 5, 2017 #1
    I'm going to be taking 18 units in the fall. Classes are linear algebra, advanced calculus, statistics, and computer programming (c++). I usually work a lot but this time I've been thinking of talking to work and only working short hours on weekends, maybe 4 hours each for friday, saturday, and sunday.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2017 #2
    Loads this high are usually better managed by upperclassmen who have worked up to it gradually than by 1st and 2nd year college students jumping in that deep for the first time. They are also better managed if constructed so the student can interleave some humanities courses in between their STEM classes in their study and preparation time. Still you may have success at patty cake schools who don't really require 2-3 hours of outside prep time for each class hour. But if your school has a proper level of academic rigor in all those courses, you will have a tough semester. I'd get some feedback from students who have done well in those courses in past semesters and consider reducing your course load.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted