Can a monkey outrun a bullet and still save her litter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter powergirl
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
456 replies · 347K views
powergirl
Tricky Questions!

I'm starting this thread so as to post some tricky questions here.U may also post q's over here.
"Really the thing is that,I'm fed up by starting new new threads for each Q's.":approve:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Let me ask the Ist Quest:'n.
"1) How much soil is there in a hole measuring one metre by one metre by one metre?"
 
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
 
3)(in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
pls sincerely add it in mind...
 
powergirl said:
Let me ask the Ist Quest:'n.
"1) How much soil is there in a hole measuring one metre by one metre by one metre?"

... Lol... I will guess none, since its a hole and all., but in all probability, Gokul is probably correct as perhaps some dirt was blown back in. :biggrin:
 
powergirl said:
3)(in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
pls sincerely add it in mind...

4100, honestly did it in my head... :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
powergirl said:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

I'd pick the assassins since they are perhaps sentenced to die too, hence no reason to shoot me. And then we could work on a plan as to how to get out of there.
 
Last edited:
powergirl said:
3)(in your head!) Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
pls sincerely add it in mind...

900 more and I would have answered "average velocity" or "average potential"

Why?
 
powergirl said:
NOt right;
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
the room full of lions that haven't eaten for 3 years, because they will be dead
 
Q: A man is in a room with no windows, no door, no holes in the ceiling and no trapdoors in the floor. How does he escape the room?
 
The same way he got in.
 
Without demolishing the room... (or rather I should say: "How did he get in then?")
 
Last edited:
Through either the holes in the wall or floor or the trapdoors in the wall or ceiling.
 
It's far simpler than that: through the doorway (there's no door).
 
verty said:
It's far simpler than that: through the doorway (there's no door).

Surely that's a hole in the wall though, so Healey01 is right! :-p
 
He was on the right track, taking the negative of what I had said. His answer was also sufficient.
 
Johnno said:
the room full of lions that haven't eaten for 3 years, because they will be dead

lol, good point
 
powergirl said:
NOt right;
No? Is it a teaspoonful, then?
Can anyone answer this?
2) A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms: The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
The second room. The murderer is actually an assassin, and all his homies are hanging out there.

In the first room, he'd die of emotional overdose from all the rage, and in the third room the stink will kill him.
 
Gokul43201 said:
In the first room, he'd die of emotional overdose from all the rage
:smile: This has got to be the right answer!
 
Here's another one for you guys...try it pls''.'''.''''.'''''


Each of the clues make up a type of flower, for example "small container + to allow" would be "vial + let", or "violet."

Can you figure out these five?

1. an implement + flesh around mouth
2. foppish + a large carnivorous wildcat
3. to wed + a soft yellow element
4. a false statement + be deficient in
5. indicates an alternative + child
 
Yaaah,here's another one:


"The Forest For The Trees"

In each sentence the name of a tree is hidden. The willow is hiding in the first sentence. Can you find the others?


1. I will owe you a favor if you drive me to the airport.
2. I am afraid of going up in elevators.
3. Drinking cocoa keeps me warm on long winter nights.
4. I hope the map leads us to buried treasure.
5. "Eat another bonbon," said our charming hostess.
6. Nepal may be the most interesting place I have ever visited.
7. Remember to fold the map, please.
8. I feel many lumps in this mattress.
9. Word processing is not as useful as pens and paper for creative brainstorming.
 
powergirl said:
Here's another one for you guys...try it pls''.'''.''''.'''''


Each of the clues make up a type of flower, for example "small container + to allow" would be "vial + let", or "violet."

Can you figure out these five?

1. an implement + flesh around mouth
2. foppish + a large carnivorous wildcat
3. to wed + a soft yellow element
4. a false statement + be deficient in
5. indicates an alternative + child


1.Tulip
2.Dandelion? (foppish?)
3.Marigold
4.Lilac
5.Orchid
 
Solution

1. Tulip (tool + lip)
2. Dandelion (dandy + lion)
3. Marigold (marry + gold)
4. Lilac (lie + lack)
5. Orchid (or + kid)
ok!
 
powergirl said:
Yaaah,here's another one:


"The Forest For The Trees"

In each sentence the name of a tree is hidden. The willow is hiding in the first sentence. Can you find the others?


1. I will owe you a favor if you drive me to the airport.
2. I am afraid of going up in elevators.
3. Drinking cocoa keeps me warm on long winter nights.
4. I hope the map leads us to buried treasure.
5. "Eat another bonbon," said our charming hostess.
6. Nepal may be the most interesting place I have ever visited.
7. Remember to fold the map, please.
8. I feel many lumps in this mattress.
9. Word processing is not as useful as pens and paper for creative brainstorming.


3.Oak
4.Maple
 
powergirl said:
1. I will owe you a favor if you drive me to the airport.
2. I am afraid of going up in elevators.
3. Drinking cocoa keeps me warm on long winter nights.
4. I hope the map leads us to buried treasure.
5. "Eat another bonbon," said our charming hostess.
6. Nepal may be the most interesting place I have ever visited.
7. Remember to fold the map, please.
8. I feel many lumps in this mattress.
9. Word processing is not as useful as pens and paper for creative brainstorming.

1. Willow
2. Pine
3. Oak
4. Maple
5. Bonsai
6. Palm
7. It looks like you tried to put "maple" in again, but spelled it wrong?
8. Elm
9. Aspen

DaveE
 
davee123 said:
7. It looks like you tried to put "maple" in again, but spelled it wrong?

I see "apple"