Can an exterior magnetic field be created using permanent magnet induction?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 12K views
I have found that it's much easyer to have the magnets do the moving. When you have the wire moving, the electrical connections needs to be adapted to alllow for that movement in one form or another and that ads more parts. If you have the magnets do the moving the wire can be stationary and a direct connection can then be realized.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
but i can't get a way through this,
what if i do rotate the coil and magnet one by one,
how will my experimental setup look like?
i at sea with this:S
 
Nanobot, I must tell you that, The original post was a question about creating an exterior magnetic field around, what I now call a spherical coil. I can advise you in-regards to what I found is easyer to do. ie: move the magnets or move the wires. In my project both the magnet array is moving but the wire has limited movement.

I'm not able to design what your thinking because I just don't know what your out come should look like or how any of the parts relate to each other.

I would prefer if you stay in-keeping with the original post or post your question in the forum and have some one that has some more exprience in answering it.

Thanks
 
Last edited: