Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can anybody help me in coset decoding?

1. Nov 20, 2007 #1
    I dont understand anything of coset decoding. Can anyone give me good ref book or website link to the topic

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 20, 2007 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

"coset decoding"? I tried googling on that and, except for a few references to this forum( perhaps to your posts!) I got references to communications and information theory. You might get more help by posting under the computer areas.

4. Nov 22, 2007 #3

Chris Hillman

Science Advisor

Offer some citations

Whoops! I saw the OP earlier but overlooked the absence of citation. Kirti, coset decoding is a topic covered in many textbooks including Larry L. Dornhoff and Franz E. Hohn, Applied Modern Algebra, MacMillan, 1977. When I Googled I found what appears to be an expository paper at a suitable level from H. A. Verrill (Mathematics, LSU); try this
    this pdf. And re [thread=195378]this thread[/thread], kirti, I think you did post in the most suitable forum, since this is a topic in algebraic coding theory which does indeed come down to linear algebra!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  5. Nov 22, 2007 #4

thank you vry much for ur help

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?