Can anyone alive derive these quaternion equations?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty of proving two equations in classical quaternions from Hamilton's Lectures. The person who posted the question has been struggling with lines 13 and 15 of Section 563 for months and is seeking help. They also offer to provide a Latex version of the equations. This may not be the appropriate forum for the question and they apologize for any inconvenience. There is also a mention of a similar question being asked before in a different forum.
Ben2
TL;DR Summary
Proofs of Two Equations in Classical Quaternions
If anyone has read Hamilton's Lectures on Quaternions, lines 13 and 15 of Section 563 (p. 566) have successfully resisted my efforts for months. For those interested, I can provide the Latex version. Let me also apologize if this is the wrong forum for the question. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ben2 said:
Summary: Proofs of Two Equations in Classical Quaternions

If anyone has read Hamilton's Lectures on Quaternions, lines 13 and 15 of Section 563 (p. 566) have successfully resisted my efforts for months.
If it already took you months, then you should invest of view minutes to describe the situation, rather than hope that anybody who wants to help has this specific book and also wants to look it up for you.
For those interested, I can provide the Latex version. Let me also apologize if this is the wrong forum for the question. Thanks.
... as long as you don't breach copyrights. Whether it is the wrong forum or not, who can tell?

Whoops! Had forgotten I'd posted this before. Sorry to have troubled anyone, and thanks again.

1. What are quaternion equations?

Quaternion equations are mathematical equations that involve the use of quaternions, which are a type of four-dimensional complex numbers. They are used in many fields of science and engineering, such as computer graphics, robotics, and physics.

2. How are quaternion equations derived?

Quaternion equations are derived from the properties and operations of quaternions, which are defined as a combination of a scalar and a vector. They were first developed by mathematician Sir William Rowan Hamilton in the 19th century.

3. Can anyone understand and use quaternion equations?

While quaternion equations may seem complex, they can be understood and used by anyone with a strong foundation in mathematics and an understanding of complex numbers. With practice and study, anyone can learn to derive and apply quaternion equations.

4. What are the applications of quaternion equations?

Quaternion equations have many applications in science and engineering, including computer graphics, robotics, and physics. They are particularly useful in representing and manipulating three-dimensional rotations and orientations.

5. Are there any real-world examples of quaternion equations in use?

Yes, quaternion equations are commonly used in computer graphics to represent and manipulate 3D objects and animations. They are also used in robotics to calculate and control the movement of robotic arms and in physics to model the rotation of objects in space.