Can Black Holes Be Used for Faster-Than-Light Travel?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
dbmorpher
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Hello dbmorpher here,
I am an avid Halo fan, and in the lore the ability to go faster than light is from the http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Shaw-Fujikawa_Translight_Engine
I wanted to know if miniature black holes and hawking radiation would be able to rip a hole in space-time.
If not what are some contemporary ideas for faster than light travel?
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
dbmorpher said:
Hello dbmorpher here,
I am an avid Halo fan, and in the lore the ability to go faster than light is from the http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Shaw-Fujikawa_Translight_Engine
I wanted to know if miniature black holes and hawking radiation would be able to rip a hole in space-time.

No, that is just nonsense. It is just stringing together buzz words in a way that has nothing to do with actual physics.

If not what are some contemporary ideas for faster than light travel?

none based on actual physics. There are theories based on wormholes but they don't seem to be based in reality.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
dbmorpher said:
Hello dbmorpher here,
I am an avid Halo fan, and in the lore the ability to go faster than light is from the http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Shaw-Fujikawa_Translight_Engine
I wanted to know if miniature black holes and hawking radiation would be able to rip a hole in space-time.
If not what are some contemporary ideas for faster than light travel?

There are a lot of threads about possible ftl travel and ftl information transfer here at the PF. Please do a search and read those threads. If you have a specific questions about those threads, you may start a new thread to ask your questions about that thread. This thread is closed.