Can I Build My Own Portable Microcomputer with a Gumstix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
1,902
Reaction score
3
I just got my Gumstix Basix 400 in the mail today! :smile:

http://www.gumstix.com/

This is such a cool little computer. It is literally the size of a stick of gum and runs on Linux. My goal is to build a portable microcomputer complete with touchscreen lcd, audio out and recharable battery pack. The case will probably be made out of plexiglass, although it would be nice if I could make a custom injection mold model.

Who needs to buy an ipod when you can just build one! :-p
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Here is a guy that rigged up a gumstix with gps and a camera, and put it on a balloon:

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jac208/pegasus/pegasus1.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: