Can I Build My Own Coil Winding Machine for Neat and Organized Winding?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kolleamm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Machine Winding
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
kolleamm
Messages
476
Reaction score
44
Are the manual winding machines capable of winding wire in two directions by just turning the crank?

left to right, right to left, left to right etc...

I want to neatly wind wire on a coil not just wind it down the middle and hope the wire falls into the right place.

Thanks in advance!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes. A fellow-EE that I used to work with (on analog circuit designs and communication circuits) had his own manual winding machine that he brought in from home. It was extremely handy for winding experimental communication transformers. You buy the magnet wire and bobbins and cores (or get samples if they are experimental materials), adjust the winding machine for the size of the bobbin, and wind very neat windings. It even had a little analog winding counter to help you keep track.

I don't think it was very expensive, and sure was handy to have in the lab. :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: kolleamm
His winding machine was about this size, IIRC:

http://www.coilwindingmachine.in/manual_transformer_winding_machine4.jpg

manual_transformer_winding_machine4.jpg
 
Attachments
  • manual_transformer_winding_machine4.jpg
    manual_transformer_winding_machine4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 672
Where could I buy a good one like this? Are the ones on eBay any good? My most important requirement is to have neat organized winds otherwise I could just build one myself.