Can I change my information?

• Thread starter Jamin2112
  • Start date
In summary, you can change your personal information, research data, and publication information by contacting the appropriate organization or institution. However, it may not be possible to change research data once it has been collected and analyzed. You can also change your account information on a collaborative research platform, but may need to coordinate with other members if you are part of a project or group. If you have previously given consent for your information to be used in research, you may be able to revoke or change this consent by contacting the researchers or organization responsible for the study.
Jamin2112
My profile has on it my city and exact birth date. I'm sure I put it there some time in the past, but can I change that? I don't see how.

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/account/personal-details

birthday can't be changed

However, you can hide your birthday here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/account/privacy

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. Can I change my personal information?

Yes, you can change your personal information. This may include your name, address, contact information, and other identifiable details. You can update this information in your account settings or by contacting the appropriate organization or institution.

2. Can I change my research data?

In most cases, it is not possible to change research data once it has been collected and analyzed. This is to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the research. However, if there are errors or updates that need to be made, you can contact the researchers or the organization responsible for the study to discuss potential changes.

3. Can I change my publication information?

If you have published a piece of work and need to make changes to the information, such as the title, authors, or affiliations, you will need to contact the publisher. They will have specific guidelines and procedures for making changes to published material.

4. Can I change my account information on a collaborative research platform?

Yes, you can typically change your account information on a collaborative research platform. This may include your username, password, and profile information. However, if you are part of a project or group, you may need to coordinate with the other members to ensure changes are made accurately.

5. Can I change my consent for my information to be used in research?

If you have previously given consent for your information to be used in research, you may be able to revoke or change this consent. This will depend on the specific research project and the policies in place. You can contact the researchers or the organization responsible for the study to discuss your options.