Can I Finish Further Maths A Level in 1 Year?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gavf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Year
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 14K views
ok so here goes...

I want to study Computer Science > Software Engineering in University. I have A in maths, B in ICT in AS Level so far. I need a third and I could either repeat Economics AS and do Economics A2 but I really struggle with this subject. I would like to do Further Maths, FP1, FP2, FP3, M2, S2, D1 this year. I just wanted some advice that's all and I know its a tough course but I find economics too hard at the moment and I've already done M1 so M2 will be similar (obviously harder), S1 I am doing so S2 shouldn't be too hard (or should it?) and FP1, FP2, FP3 i have no idea how hard they will be but I am ready for it and my tutors are both supporting me, I should be able to do this in a year shouldn't I?

I will be at a better position with A levels in Maths, Further Maths and ICT for a software engineering degreem will i not?

Regards,

R
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Ramsu said:
I will be at a better position with A levels in Maths, Further Maths and ICT for a software engineering degreem will i not?

Yup, further maths will probably be better than economics for software engineering. Since you're not intending on studying maths at university, then the comments I made above aren't entirely relevant. One thing that you might want to start doing is looking at universities' websites to see what the entry requirements for a degree are. Here is, entirely randomly picked, Birmingham's entry requirements: http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/se.php

Good luck!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite U to A, but my further maths grade went from a C to an A with the help of a tutor. The C must have been down to poor teaching as ever since then I've been very good at maths, even by physics student standards. The stuff my tutor made me learn properly has been very helpful ever since, so it's not always the case that someone who struggles at school without a tutor won't be able to cope on their own.