• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Engineering science at the University of Toronto for A levels students

• Schools
  • Thread starter Lalala
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi I'm doing A levels now and I'm planning to go to University of Toronto next year September for engineering science, my question is what are the grades needed for my AS and A2 level to get into engineering science? My trial results are A in Chemistry and Math, A- in physics and B in biology.

Answers and Replies

verty
Homework Helper
Are you Canadian? I looked at a similar university, London City University, which needs B's and A levels including math. However, I would advise doing your best to get A's because it always looks good to have A's when you finally look for a job. That said, a B in biology is not so bad but it could easily become a C so I would work especially hard to keep that from happening.

Are you Canadian? I looked at a similar university, London City University, which needs B's and A levels including math. However, I would advise doing your best to get A's because it always looks good to have A's when you finally look for a job. That said, a B in biology is not so bad but it could easily become a C so I would work especially hard to keep that from happening.
I'm not a Canadian I lived in Southeast Asia. But I actually just need my AS physics and I feel that I did not do very well in my paper 2 so I'm worried that I will not get accept by university of toronto engineering science. But thank you.

George Jones
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi I'm doing A levels now and I'm planning to go to University of Toronto next year September for engineering science, my question is what are the grades needed for my AS and A2 level to get into engineering science? My trial results are A in Chemistry and Math, A- in physics and B in biology.
I do not know the grades needed by international students for Engineering Science at U of T, but Canadian high school students need very high marks to get into the program. If you consider all (not just engineering) programs at all Canadian universities, Engineering Science at U of T is one of the most difficult programs to get accepted into.

So I just received my actual GCE AS Level results and also SAT results, I got 4As (math, bio, chem, physics) GCE AS Level and 1360 in SAT ( 620 reading, 740 math). I'm wondering what are the chances of me getting into u of t engineering science? And also in my SPM examination (Malaysia examination equivalent to IGCSE O Level), I received 9A+ and 2A.

StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
To @Lalala , my suggestion would be to first look into the admission requirements required for the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Engineering of the University of Toronto, if you haven't done so already. Here is a link below, specifically looking into those international students from a British-patterned education, as would be offered in Malaysia.

https://discover.engineering.utoronto.ca/admission-requirements/international-applicants/british-patterned-education/

From the sound of things, it looks like you have the recommended requirements for admission into any engineering program offered at the University of Toronto, including Engineering Science. However, keep in mind that all engineering programs at the school are limited enrollment programs, so whether or not you will be admitted will depend greatly on how many students apply to the program.