1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can I opt to take modern physics as major for M.sc?

1. Jun 14, 2012 #1
    I m presently studying B.tech 4th year,with branch as electrical and electronics engineering..Is it advisable/plausible to take modern physics as my M.sc course and go for research.? I've keen interest but is it praise worthy to do so.? Since I ve a background of electrical and electronics engineering as B.tech degree..How about having M.sc in electromagnetic waves(is there any such course)(does this co-relate to quantum mechanics.?)
    Hope I've sounded meaningful..thanks in advance

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 16, 2012 #2
    can anyone please suggest me..

4. Jul 10, 2012 #3
    anyone please help..

5. Jul 10, 2012 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This is a bit puzzling on why you would ask this here. I don't know how the school system is at where you are, but shouldn't you have an academic advisor that you should be directing this question to? It is meaningless for us to answer such a question because your academic requirement could be something else. We could reply "yes, you can take such ans such" but if your advisor says no, it means no.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook