Can I Pursue a Career in Physics and Math Without Formal Education?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PoetaPhysics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
PoetaPhysics
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I have no experience in physics and have never had high grades in math, but...

I have an obsession with physics and math and love working on the two subjects and discussing theories with others. I just can't sit through classes!

I would honestly work for free in the two subjects, but I'll more than likely never find a job without education.. :(

Oh well
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you have no experience and can't sit through classes, "work for free" is not such a good deal.

If this is what you want to do, discipline yourself to go to classes, get good grades, and gain some experience.
 
Actually the point I'm trying to get across is that school isn't needed to gain knowledge and creativity. I love the subjects, and therefore would work in the fields for free if I had too.

That's all I meant by 'Free Work'.
 
PoetaPhysics said:
Actually the point I'm trying to get across is that school isn't needed to gain knowledge and creativity. I love the subjects, and therefore would work in the fields for free if I had too.

That's all I meant by 'Free Work'.

The problem for you is that so would a number of highly qualified people; you're competing to see whom you can slave under for quite some time. Not what you wanted to hear I suspect, but still true.