1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can i switch from computer science to computer engineering?

Tags:
  1. Feb 1, 2015 #1
    I have a bachelors in computer science, i have recently become more interested in hardware aspect of computers, any help would be appreciated.(my undergrad didn't require ANY physics class).

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2015 #2

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's not entirely clear what you are asking. Are you trying to become a computer engineer with a BS in CS? Are you thinking about going back to school to study computer engineering? More information would help.

4. Feb 1, 2015 #3
    I want to get a masters degree in computer engineering, I am afraid it might not be possible as i don't have a bachelors degree in computer engineering.(Thank you in advance).details would be appreciated.

5. Feb 1, 2015 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well, don't abandon all hope yet.

Have you talked with the academic advisors at any schools to which you might be interested in applying? You should, before letting this question worry you further.
    You may have to take some undergraduate courses from the CE curriculum which your CS curriculum didn't require. Since you already have an undergraduate degree, that shouldn't be a problem, if you really want to pursue a CE graduate degree.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook