• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Can i switch from computer science to computer engineering?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have a bachelors in computer science, i have recently become more interested in hardware aspect of computers, any help would be appreciated.(my undergrad didn't require ANY physics class).

Answers and Replies

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It's not entirely clear what you are asking. Are you trying to become a computer engineer with a BS in CS? Are you thinking about going back to school to study computer engineering? More information would help.

I want to get a masters degree in computer engineering, I am afraid it might not be possible as i don't have a bachelors degree in computer engineering.(Thank you in advance).details would be appreciated.

SteamKing
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I want to get a masters degree in computer engineering, I am afraid it might not be possible as i don't have a bachelors degree in computer engineering.(Thank you in advance).details would be appreciated.
Well, don't abandon all hope yet.

Have you talked with the academic advisors at any schools to which you might be interested in applying? You should, before letting this question worry you further.
You may have to take some undergraduate courses from the CE curriculum which your CS curriculum didn't require. Since you already have an undergraduate degree, that shouldn't be a problem, if you really want to pursue a CE graduate degree.