Can I Transfer Titanium OS to My Regular TI-89 and Use FlashApps?

  • Topic: Calculators 
  • Thread starter Thread starter birdec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Os Ti-89 Titanium
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
birdec
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi, I was trying to solve inequalities on my regular TI-89 today and discovered I couldn't!

I did solve((x+6)(x-2)>8,x) and pressed enter. Instead of the answer it just spit me back the question. I tried on 2 different TI-89 Titaniums and it worked fine. I called TI tech support and they said it must be a limit of the old 89 operating system.

Is there anyway to get the Titanium OS onto my regular TI-89 (preferably through the internet)? And where would I buy a cord compatible with a regular TI-89? Also, it says I need to download something in order to use FlashApps...

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You may not be able to solve the inequality (x+6)(x-2)>8

However, you can solve the equation (x+6)(x-2)=8

You then just have to figure out which intervals the solution is valid in.