Can International Students Transfer to U.S. Universities with Low Grades?

  • Thread starter Thread starter poo_of_poo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cs Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
poo_of_poo
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey, I am a computer science student from Bangladesh. Here, the teaching technique of computer science is not so suitable for me. So I did very bad. My CGPA is just 2.22 out of 4 scale. I know I can achieve good grades but I am reluctant to study here. Is there any university in USA which will not consider my recent grades but will judge me according to my result in their institution? I don't want to start from the very beginning. I have already completed 92 credits out of 131. Do they consider me to continue from 3rd year?
And I don't have so much money to spend, I can earn if I get job in USA. Is it possible to get a degree in Computer Science or Physics after doing some jobs for living & studying? I am so much passionate to learn about these. Can you help me friends. Please. I am hopeless as far as I helpless.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm confused. You want a college that will admit you and take your credits, but not judge whether or not to admit you based on your grades in those credits? It's unlikely any decent school would let you transfer based on your grades, and they won't take more than 2 years worth of credits (and only credits in which you got a C or higher). You can't work while on a student VISA, and colleges here are very expensive. I think you'd be better off staying where you are and trying to raise your grades as much as possible. If you get them over 3.0, you can apply for graduate programs here, and those are fully funded.