Can Magnets Be Used to Achieve Levitation in 3D Printing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter paul_nicholls
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 313 views
paul_nicholls
How did you find PF?
Via Google search
Hi, I'm Paul and I'm 50 years young. I do computer programming, recently started 3d printing, and an now interested in magnets, especially for making objects levatate. I would love to make a floating light, either with vertically placed magnets suspending an object between them, or with a floating platform to support said object.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
Welcome to PF, Paul. It's good to have you here. :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_levitation
Thanks for the link 🙂 I've already done some research and I know that a levitation platform is very difficult to achieve without electromagnetic systems and sensors. I will post a question about it elsewhere.