Can Rock, Paper, Scissors Be Reinvented with New Rules?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Paper Rock
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
645 replies · 54K views
BobG said:
Offended contestant spits on Simon Cowell.

(I realize this probably makes no sense right now, but the rules said nothing about traveling into the future.)
:D Actually, time travel violates rule c]
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Violation of rule e) kills Dave..
 
OK, Arildno, we get that you're really clever in finding imaginative ways to diverge from the spirit of the game.

We get it.

Really.
 
DaveC426913 said:
OK, Arildno, we get that you're really clever in finding imaginative ways to diverge from the spirit of the game.

We get it.

Really.
Oh, you're just in a bad mood because you're dead. :-p
 
Patience overcomes ban on traveling into the future.
 
I took away his stupid hammer, damn that hammer I hate it.
 
No proper post took care of my gamma rays. If you want to be the arbiter, Dave, the game should restart there.
 
A short fluctuation in gravity causes the moon to smash into the earth. Rock kills rock.
 
Bull wakes up and stops dozing.
Bull walks into a minefield.
 
arildno said:
No proper post took care of my gamma rays. If you want to be the arbiter, Dave, the game should restart there.

GRB violates rule #1. It did not beat "the previous object" (hummingbird or bird flu), it beat an object that was made up from thin air (all life on Earth).
 
Interestingly, I'm finding a confounding paradox with rule a]. Technically, everything listed is going back in time, including the tin snips cutting pen.

The only way the tin snaps could beat the pen is by cutting it *before* it wrote the post. And the only way sulfuric acid could beat the tin snips is if it dissolved them before they cut the pen, etc.
 
Last edited:
DaveC426913 said:
GRB violates rule #1. It did not beat "the previous object" (hummingbird or bird flu), it beat an object that was made up from thin air (all life on Earth).
Ok, fair enough.
 
Hm. To recap. Looking for a valid chain.

The bird flu/DDT line may or may not be valid - I'm really having trouble with this 'stopped before it happened' paradox.

In an effort to continue, I suggest (somewhat arbitrarily) we choose the more innocuous reply (the cat), and continue with it.

(Gee, I really wasn't expecting to have to arbitrate...)

Anyway, I'll post this as a recap:

Pen writes post.
Tin snips cut pen.
Sulfuric acid dissolves tin snips.
Lye neutralizes acid.
H20 dissolves resultant salt.
Hummingbird drinks H20.
Birdflu kills hummingbird.
Cat kills hummingbird.
Scissors kills cat.
Bulldozer runs over scissors.
 
DaveC426913 said:
Interestingly, I'm finding a confounding paradox with rule a]. Technically, everything listed is going back in time, including the tin snips cutting pen.

The only way the tin snaps could beat the pen is by cutting it *before* it wrote the post. And the only way sulfuric acid could beat the tin snips is if it dissolved them before they cut the pen, etc.
Ahhh! "Vaccine prevents bird flu" would have been fine then. :biggrin: [Tapping self in the back.]
 
Orefa said:
Quicksands swallow bulldozer.
Conveniently nearby hanging vines foil quicksand
 
Concrete solidifies quicksand.
 
Simultaneous postings foil Dave's game.
 
Note: Unless anyone else disagrees, I think that OP (Dave) should have the right to slap the thread back into place, as long as he provides a good reason for it.
 
arildno said:
Note: Unless anyone else disagrees, I think that OP (Dave) should have the right to slap the thread back into place, as long as he provides a good reason.
Well, Jelfish is on top...

Oh, woops, I'm not Dave, am I? :buggrin:
 
honestrosewater said:
Well, Jelfish is on top...

Oh, woops, I'm not Dave, am I? :buggrin:
I can pretend
 
honestrosewater said:
Well, Jelfish is on top...

Oh, woops, I'm not Dave, am I? :buggrin:
Bugs can't grin.
 
Last edited:
Jelfish said:
Conveniently nearby hanging vines foil quicksand
Saw saws vines off
 
Liquid Helium cools the saw to near absolute zero and a hammer smashes the saw into tiny bits
 
There are lots of hammers?

Answer beats question
 
tribdog said:
clowns steal helium for balloon animals
But it turns out that the helium tank they stole was actullay a hydrogen tank and then they made the balloon and...Oh the huminity.The result a burning animal ballon.
I hope this doesn't break the rules