Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Can scotch tape method get film size larger than particles?

1. Feb 23, 2015 #1
    Hi there,

I am preparing to use the scotch tape method to get hex-Boron Nitride thin film from hBN powder. As far as I know, the available particle size for hBN is 10 um at most, is it possible for me to get hBN thin film using the peel off method with size larger than 10 um? If so, what is the largest possible dimension I can get? If not, how about peel off the hBN sheet to get hBN thin film?

Also, I will appreciate if anyone could tell me which company can provide very high quality hBN powders.

Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Mar 1, 2015 #3
    I don't know about the scotch tape method (10 micrometers sounds pretty darn good to me, and if you get any that are larger, I expect it could be low quality/uneven surface compared to other methods). Does your institution have an atomic layer deposition or chemical deposition machines?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook