Can scotch tape method get film size larger than particles?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
leehoom
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I am preparing to use the scotch tape method to get hex-Boron Nitride thin film from hBN powder. As far as I know, the available particle size for hBN is 10 um at most, is it possible for me to get hBN thin film using the peel off method with size larger than 10 um? If so, what is the largest possible dimension I can get? If not, how about peel off the hBN sheet to get hBN thin film?

Also, I will appreciate if anyone could tell me which company can provide very high quality hBN powders.

Thanks in advance.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know about the scotch tape method (10 micrometers sounds pretty darn good to me, and if you get any that are larger, I expect it could be low quality/uneven surface compared to other methods). Does your institution have an atomic layer deposition or chemical deposition machines?