Can someone please check my working to this proof

• Thread starter chris99191
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Proof
In summary, the purpose of asking someone to check your working to this proof is to ensure accuracy and identify potential areas for improvement. Ideally, you should ask someone knowledgeable in the subject area to review your work. When asking for feedback, provide the proof, relevant equations or diagrams, and a brief explanation of your methodology. The length of time for someone to review may vary, but it is best to give them enough time to thoroughly review your work. If errors are found, use the feedback to improve your understanding and make corrections.
chris99191
I completed this proof in the attachment but can someone please check my working

The aim was to show that the height of P above floor after the crate is tilted is h(cosb+2sinb)

From the rectangles you can work out
Length of OP=h√5
sin(a)=1/√5
cos(a)=2/√5

therefore
height=h√5.sin(a+b)
=h√5.(sinacosb+cosasinb)
=h√5.(1/√5cosb+2/√5sinb)
=h(cosb+2sinb)

Attachments

• Trig.jpg
    Trig.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yes, its right

1. What is the purpose of asking someone to check my working to this proof?

The purpose of asking someone to check your working to this proof is to ensure that the proof is correct and free from errors. It is always helpful to have a second set of eyes review your work to catch any mistakes or identify areas for improvement.

2. Who should I ask to check my working to this proof?

Ideally, you should ask someone who is knowledgeable in the specific field or subject area of the proof. This could be a colleague, professor, or mentor who has experience in the topic and can provide valuable feedback.

3. What should I include when asking someone to check my working to this proof?

When asking someone to check your working to this proof, be sure to provide them with the proof itself, any relevant equations or diagrams, and a brief explanation of your thought process and methodology. This will give them a clear understanding of your approach and make it easier for them to provide constructive feedback.

4. How long should I wait for someone to check my working to this proof?

The length of time you should wait for someone to check your working to this proof depends on the complexity of the proof and the availability of the person you are asking. It is always best to give them enough time to thoroughly review your work, so it may vary from a few hours to a few days.

5. What should I do if the person finds errors in my working to this proof?

If the person finds errors in your working to this proof, do not get discouraged. Take their feedback into consideration and carefully review your proof to correct any mistakes. It is also beneficial to ask them for clarification or further explanation on the specific areas where you made mistakes to improve your understanding.