Can Tsu still enjoy the Country Fair after her fall?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hard
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
140 replies · 17K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Last night Tsu fell and broke her hip, and immediate surgery was required. She will be in surgery tonight and should be able to come home tomorrow. As of right now, she is in the hospital waiting for an operating room, and I came home for some odds and ends, and food.

Apparently she just slipped in the parking lot on some gravel and took a very bad fall - just a freaky thing with no sign of bone density problems.

I'm afraid this ends the plans for the Country Fair: She will be down for six weeks. That also means that she will have nothing to do but babysit the kitten, which as you can imagine, she will absolutely hate. :rolleyes:
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
Last night Tsu fell and broke her hip, and immediate surgery was required. She will be in surgery tonight and should be able to come home tomorrow. As of right now, she is in the hospital waiting for an operating room, and I came home for some odds and ends, and food.

Apparently she just slipped in the parking lot on some gravel and took a very bad fall - just a freaky thing with no sign of bone density problems.

I'm afraid this ends the plans for the Country Fair: She will be down for six weeks. That also means that she will have nothing to do but babysit the kitten, which as you can imagine, she will absolutely hate. :rolleyes:
OMG! OMG!

I always knew she was plotting to out do me.

Please tell her we love her and wish her a speedy recovery!
 
Last edited:
:frown: that's awful!
crosses fingers for a good recovery*
 
Tell her I didn't study the hip, I studied the hand for my lecture, so she has to go back and fix her hip and break her hand instead. :rolleyes:

I hope she recovers completely and quickly! Hip fracture and surgery...ow!

Evo said:
OMG! OMG!

I always knew she was plotting to outdo me.

:smile:

Is breaking bones some sort of sisterhood right of passage? If so, let me know ahead so I can stock up on bandages and crutches.
 
Oh I'm so sorry, Tsu! I hope you aren't in a lot of pain :frown:.

Well, there's always next year for the Country Fair.
 
Awww... Get well soon Tsu! And make Ivan wait on you hand and foot! ;-p
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
And make Ivan wait on you hand and foot! ;-p

That will be quite enough thank you. What do you think she is, a cat?
 
Sh!t! I knew something was up when she didn't respond to a comment I made about the OCF. Hope she gets well in a hurry. (not rushing it, just being better soon, of course)
 
Wow, that must have been some fall. Speedy recovery to Tsu. I hope all goes well with surgery.

Warm wishes to both of you, Ivan. You must be worried. Good thing the kitten is available to help care for Tsu.
 
Good that you have Little Tyke. I have heard that cat purring speeds up healing :smile:
 
1277-get_well_soon_balloon.jpg


All the best, Tsu
 
Lately I've been doing some work on wormholes. Maybe we could drop Tsu through a wormhole and have her emerge just before she broke her hip.

If not, then Ivan will just have to jump through hoops instead of wormholes.

Best wishes and take care,
 
* makes note * - order bubble suits for PF sisters.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Just to let you know that all went well.
Glad to hear that!

Astronuc said:
* makes note * - order bubble suits for PF sisters.

Can I have mine before I break something? Good thing I'm not as competitive as my sisters; I don't need to "one-up" them on this!
 
Moonbear said:
Can I have mine before I break something? Good thing I'm not as competitive as my sisters; I don't need to "one-up" them on this!
Maybe they're doing this for another reason: flowers, cards, maybe some chocolates...
 
Ivan Seeking said:
Just to let you know that all went well.
Good to hear.
Best with all the rehab work that will be coming up as well.
 
Moonbear said:
Can I have mine before I break something? Good thing I'm not as competitive as my sisters; I don't need to "one-up" them on this!

I have a habit of popping bubble wrap :bugeye:
 
Glad to hear everything went well. I hope we see postings of your post-op progress, Tsu!
 
I'm glad to know everything went well. Thanks for the update, Ivan.

Moonbear, when you order your suit, get one for me too, please? But of course, not in exactly the same style, because then we'll never be able to go anywhere together.