Can Waste Heat from an Oven Power an Absorption Refrigerator?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 6K views
Qonjex
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello people I need your help.

I am kind new to refrigeration and I want to design one. I have a waste exhaust heat from the Exhaust of the tunnel oven that I have designed. Now I want to use that waste heat as the heat source for the Absorption refrigerator.

Q1: what's the best solution I can use as a refrigerant?

Q2: how can I put that solution into the system?

Thank you a lot.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For absorption refrigerator, you can use LiBr-H2O system.
 
Thank you very much. What is minimum temperature that I should apply as a heat source to make the system work?
 
Carnot Efficiency of absorption cycle = ((T1-T2)/T1) * (T4/(T3-T4))
T1 = temperature of heat source
T4 = temperature of refrigerated space
T2 = T3 = ambient temperature
All values are in kelvin
 
Last edited: