Can You Add Water to a High Efficiency Washer (There is So Little)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Efficiency Water
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 10K views
kyphysics said:
I have no idea what you mean
I mean that all the washing machines in UK are front loaders and have a horizontal drum rotation - tumbling the clothes all the time.
I seemed to be getting the message that HE machines are top loaders with a vertical rotation axis. It doesn't;t surprise me at all that the clothes do not get turned over enough to get water to everything. (A photo would do, to make it clear which type your w/machine is.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Oh, I see. I'm not longer staying there, as they are back from vacation. So I'd have to ask what the make/model is...from there I can look up a picture. But, yes, it's definitely a top loader.

Again, ,one solution might be to load less clothes (to ensure all are submerged)...but then, I'd have to do so many loads! Time is money!
 
Perhaps the water level sensor failed and washer did not fill all the way.

Or the fill cycle is timed and the water pressure and/or flow rate is low.

(Or a nut-behind-the-wheel problem, with the wrong wash cycle selected.:wink:)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: kyphysics