Can you Do an MBA without majoring in Business and Economics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Karimspencer
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Can you do an MBA without even doing business and economics in the undergraduate program. I want to do a Major in Physics and Computer Science and a Minor in Math but I won't do business in Business and Economics but I want to get an MBA.

Is this possible?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
From what I've heard it is definitely possible. Generally graduate schools don't care about what your "major" was in undergrad; they care about whether or not your classes adequately prepared you for the field in which you are applying and your performance in those classes. I was looking at doing an MBA a couple years ago, but I switched to engineering. I would suggest taking a few entry level classes in management, accounting, finance, and/or economics and getting A's in them. This should be enough to show that you are savvy in business as well as your major field.

Actually, a lot of MBA programs like to see a few years of work experience before you apply. That's not to say that you couldn't get in right out of undergrad, though.