Can you do more than 40 hours of calculation per week?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gamow99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculation Per
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
gamow99
Messages
71
Reaction score
2
I keep track of how much time I spend doing intellectual labor. It works out to 60% of my free time and 49 hours per week. I also separate my labor into two categories: hard and easy. The hard category comes to 43 hours per week since last April. That includes computer coding and writing up paper solutions which I will eventually code into a computer. I'm building an automated theorem prover and it's very hard. What bugs me however is that I cannot average more than 43 hours per week. It should be 60 hours per week and 80% of my free time. I try to work on this automated theorem prover as much as possible but my brain gets burned out way too much. It would be some consolation if I knew that other people have the same problem.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you aren't able to work efficiently after some amount of time, give it a rest. No need to force yourself if you aren't going to be productive. Also, just because someone works more, that doesn't mean they are more productive.
 
gamow99 said:
It works out to 60% of my free time and 49 hours per week.
I have nothing but free time, and I spend 40—60% of it sleeping. I probably haven't spent a total of 40 hours calculating in my entire life.
Speaking of which, it's time for my midnight nap.