Can you get de-majored if you don't the right courses?

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter flyingpig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Courses
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
flyingpig
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
1
Can you get "de-majored" if you don't the right courses?

I am declaring myself as a Physics Major next year, but I realize my schedule next year is going to have two Physics courses and like four Math courses lol

I will only have a total of 8 courses (24 credits, 3 credits each) next year.

At least two of the Math courses are for Math majors and not Physics majors which is NOT a requirement for Physics majors in my college. So is it a good idea to do this? Can they de-majored me or manually switch my major without my consent if I do this?

In case you are wondering. I plan on taking these next year

Fall semester

- Calc III
- Mathematical Proof
- Intermediate E&M
- Linear Programming

Winter Semester

- Calc IV
- Intro Differential Eqtns
- Applied Linear Algebra
- Relativity or Mechanics (haven't decided which yet, but Relativity sounds very fancy and daunting, but I really like the professor who is teaching it)

Calc III and IV are MVC

EDIT: I just want to make note the reason I am taking more math courses is because I am still torn between the two, but my strategy goes like this

If I do Physics, I can work on Math and Physics, if I somehow realize Physics is not for me, I'll just switch to math.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


So long as you complete the requirements for your major, they shouldn't care what other courses you take.
 


In other words, they just want your $$$

No I am kidding lol! Good to know
 


Yeah, I'm a Computer Science/Math double major and I haven't heard any complaints from the CS department, despite the fact that I haven't taken a CS class in almost two years (nor do I intend to).
 


Chaostamer said:
Yeah, I'm a Computer Science/Math double major and I haven't heard any complaints from the CS department, despite the fact that I haven't taken a CS class in almost two years (nor do I intend to).

Lol...why are you still a CS major then?