Can You Think of Any Synonyms for Cyber?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mech-eng
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 4K views
mech-eng
Messages
826
Reaction score
13
Hi, English language is full of synonyms but I can not find any synonym for cyber. Do you know any. I looked at Oxford Synonym Dictionary but it does not include a synonym for it.

Best Regards.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The best I can do is computerized.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1 person
Have you invented it or it is in used since the computers were invented? What about interneting?
 
Nick O said:
Digital?

Cyber is vague, and digital is broad.

In Turkey we use also the word numeric for digital in electrical devices which is also an alternative technology to analog.
 
I think cyber- is related to use of computer networking and telecommunication systems.
 
A great site

jedishrfu said:
Some synonyms are here:

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/cyber

computerized computational electronic high-tech networked virtual mechanized robotic

depending on the usage needed.

A great site to know for a language learner. Thank you for this.
 
Ryan_m_b said:
The prefix cyber was first derived for the field of cybernetics nearly two hundred years ago. I'm unaware of when or why it was adopted in this context.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernetics#Etymology
This history is interesting. I had assumed it was a very recent geek-pop word that simply meant "robotic".