Can You Use 220V MR16 Bulbs Without a Power Supply?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Logger
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Led
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Logger
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it was possible to get MR16 bulbs in 220v(I live in Ireland).Do all MR16 bulbs have to have a power supply or transducer to step the voltage down to 12/24 DC or can they just run on mains without the p.supply?

Thanks in advance.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Logger said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if it was possible to get MR16 bulbs in 220v(I live in Ireland).Do all MR16 bulbs have to have a power supply or transducer to step the voltage down to 12/24 DC or can they just run on mains without the p.supply?

Thanks in advance.

The Wikipedia is often a good first step...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MR16#Variations
 
Thank you so much for your reply.I tried a few websites for information but couldn't find what I needed.
Why didn't I think of Wiki:eek:

Thanks