Canadians, How Will You Vote in the Upcoming Election?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date Start date

What party have you / are you voting for on Jan 23?

  • Liberals

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Conservatives

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • NDP

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Green

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided yet

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've decided but I'm not telling.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I refuse to vote / will spoil my ballot.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I am ineligible (Canadian voters who cannot vote for whatever reason).

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am ineligible (For our American friends who want to participate w/o spoiling the results).

    Votes: 14 48.3%

  • Total voters
    29
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
Messages
24,696
Reaction score
9,093
I'm curious to see if how people are really going to vote next week is lining up with how the news is showing it.

I've chosen to NOT expose who voted what, to give everyone some privacy.

Now, now, no fixing the poll, let's see if a PF poll can actually produce some reliable(ish) results...
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ooops, i didn't read the "are Canadian but can't vote" option. I'm only 17 so I can't vote, but if I could it would be Conservative.
 
Damn, why did you include an option for us Americans? I wanted to have fun and screw up your poll :mad: :smile:
 
I wonder why the Rhinocerous Party wasn't included:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhinoceros_Party_of_Canada

Here are some of their ideas:

paving the province of Manitoba to create the world's largest parking lot
...
making bubble gum the national currency, so that it could be inflated or deflated at will
...
as an energy-saving idea, putting larger wheels on the back of all cars so that they will always be going downhill

There are a lot on that page. If this party were in America, I would sure vote for it :-p
 
motai said:
I wonder why the Rhinocerous Party wasn't included:
It was. See 'other'. :-)
 
DaveC426913 said:
It was. See 'other'. :-)
haha, you crazy Canadians
 
David Mulroney, Liberal, in the riding of Victoria.

A Tory majority scares me. I just hate the regressive right wing. We've come so far, only to see Stephen Harper tear it all down with his Repu...I mean Tory government.

War, pollution, fiscal insanity and violating the charter. These are the things Stephen Harper and his party stand for. When you vote Conservative, you are voting for all these things.

A Paul Martin led government will not go to war. A Paul Martin led government will maintain its support of Kyoto. A Paul Martin led government will show surplus after surplus, as usual. A Paul Martin led government will stand up for the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

A Canada with an environmental conscious. A Canada that believes in peace, not war. A Canada that is fiscally responsible. A Canada that leaves no man, woman or child behind. A Canada that ensures equal rights for every single Canadian. One Canada. My Canada.
 
ek said:
David Mulroney, Liberal, in the riding of Victoria.
A Tory majority scares me. I just hate the regressive right wing. We've come so far, only to see Stephen Harper tear it all down with his Repu...I mean Tory government.

War, pollution, fiscal insanity and violating the charter. These are the things Stephen Harper and his party stand for. When you vote Conservative, you are voting for all these things.

A Paul Martin led government will not go to war. A Paul Martin led government will maintain its support of Kyoto. A Paul Martin led government will show surplus after surplus, as usual. A Paul Martin led government will stand up for the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
A Canada with an environmental conscious. A Canada that believes in peace, not war. A Canada that is fiscally responsible. A Canada that leaves no man, woman or child behind. A Canada that ensures equal rights for every single Canadian. One Canada. My Canada.

Ditto!
I know Pauly is a billionaire shipping magnate but, I'd rather he ran the country with his business prowess than some blue-eyed boy from the flat lands EDIT (not really predjudice, just bit*hing) with no business responsibility.

The "scandal" with the sponsership program was no scandal at all, it was the type of method quebecer advertisers understand... (money under the table etc...) and helped to keep Quebec in Canada. What's a few mil when we have a huge surplus, eh?! Next beer's on us!

By the way (edit) Martin went to war against ethnic cleansing in Bosnia, Rawanda (not to successfully) and against Al Queda and the Taliban in Afganistan. We've lost people in Afganistan in this effort to even the field for everyone there and just lost a CDN diplomat in Kandihar on Sunday.

Don't tell me Martin "wont go to war". He already is at war. He's just picky about the reasons he will allow for the use of lethal force... as he should be.

Most of our military force goes toward helping out in New Orleans, Indonesia (remember the Tsunami?) and Pakistan (remember the earthquake?) and other humanitarian relief efforts. But, in one way, the wars we are involved in at this moment are humanitarian efforts themselves.
 
Last edited:
Crap! Is there some way to edit my vote? My right arm's in a sling (the arthritis in my shoulder is so bad that I haven't been able to use it for a week), so I'm mousing left-handed. While I'm ambidextrous, I keep getting mixed up about which button to click. In this case, the mouse moved while I was fiddling with it, and I ended up clicking on the wrong selection.
 
Danger said:
Crap! Is there some way to edit my vote?
I strongly doubt it.

Besides, you're ineligible, The Twilight Zone is not in Canada.
 
Danger, why don't you try some tactical voting? Not in real life of course, just in this poll. Find someone who is willing to swap your intended vote for what you accidentally clicked, and the true balance of the poll will be restored!
 
brewnog said:
Danger, why don't you try some tactical voting? Not in real life of course, just in this poll. Find someone who is willing to swap your intended vote for what you accidentally clicked, and the true balance of the poll will be restored!
Yeah, except in searching someone out, he'd be skewing the poll. That would only work of everyone on PF were voting.
 
im not Canadian, but in the poll they had an option for the yanks but not the others of the world.
tut tut tut