Can't chage the default app on my android....

In summary, the conversation discussed frustration with the default downloader on a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT N8000, where the always button had been selected for Firefox. This resulted in all downloads, even for other formats, being directed to Firefox even when it was not the default internet app. Attempts to change the default app through the app manager were unsuccessful, and using a third party software did not yield any results. The conversation then shared a link to a forum discussing reversing the default always app for Android 4.1.2.
Prof.gaming
I am really frustrated because just this one time , I went ahead and for my downloader I hit the always button for firefox . Now whenever I want to download a 7z file ( and some other formats ) it goes straight to downloading , Even when I am not using the firefox ( the default internet app , for example ) . I tried to go to app manager and hit the clean defaults button , both for firefox and the default android downloader , but they were deactivate . I even tried using a third party software but no results . It is really bothering me and I am starting to think that there's no way out ...

Computer science news on Phys.org
Check out this link:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/change-default-android-apps,news-21280.html

jedishrfu said:
Check out this link:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/change-default-android-apps,news-21280.html
No ... that didn't come in handy ... I found that a lomg time ago , but it doesn't work ...

Can you provide more details on what phone OS you have and what version it is?

Last edited:
jedishrfu said:
Can you provide more details on what phone OS you have and what version it is?
My phone is samsung galaxy note 10.1 gt n8000 , my android version is 4.1.2 ...

Try this:

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/jelly-bean/27439-jelly-bean-android-4-1-1-how-reverse-default-always-app.html

1. Why can't I change the default app on my Android device?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to change the default app on your Android device. Some possible reasons could include: the app you want to set as default does not support this feature, the app is not installed on your device, or there is a software glitch preventing you from changing the default app.

2. How do I change the default app on my Android device?

The process for changing the default app on an Android device may vary slightly depending on your device model and operating system. However, in general, you can change the default app by going to your device's Settings, selecting "Apps," selecting the app you want to change the default for, and then selecting "Open by default" or "Set as default." From there, you can choose the app you want to set as the default for that action.

3. Can I change the default app for all file types on my Android device?

Yes, you can change the default app for all file types on your Android device. To do this, you will need to go to your device's Settings, select "Apps," and then tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner. From there, select "Default apps" and then select the app you want to set as the default for all file types.

4. Why does my Android device keep resetting the default app?

If your Android device keeps resetting the default app, it could be due to a software glitch or a conflicting setting. Try restarting your device and then setting the default app again. If the issue persists, you may need to clear the cache and data for the app you want to set as default or try resetting your device's app preferences.

5. Can I change the default app back to the original one?

Yes, you can change the default app back to the original one at any time. Simply go to your device's Settings, select "Apps," and then select the app you want to change the default for. From there, select "Open by default" or "Set as default," and then choose the original app or select "Clear defaults" to remove the default app entirely.