Can't find the home page for specific journal (non-trivial case)

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in finding an open-access copy of a paper titled «Définition covariante des équilibres thermodynamiques» by J. M. Souriau published in Supp. Nuovo Cimento. The speaker has searched for the paper online but has not been able to find it, despite it being a well-known and respected western periodical. They express surprise that it is not available electronically, as they have recently discovered other papers from the same journal have been made open-access. The conversation ends with a suggestion to seek help from a university librarian or public library.
SVN
For the first time in my lime I am not able to find home page for well-known and respected western periodical. I am looking for the paper titled «Définition covariante des équilibres thermodynamiques» by J. M. Souriau published in Supp. Nuovo Cimento, 1, I , 4 (1966) pp. 203-216 (given the fact the paper is a few decades old, I expect it to be open-accessed).

The «Nuovo cimento» journal as well as all its flavours have been published by the «Italian physical society» until the journals became an integral part of the «European physical journal». So all the journals are available on its website, except for the one I need. I find it hard to believe that the IPS thoroughly scanned everything they had published for the last one and a half of century, but neglected this one (same is true for the website of Springer that, as far as I understand, owns rights to distribute papers from all «Nuovo cimento» flavours).

Googling for the paper title or author name brought many interesting results, except for the link to the paper text...

So I am at complete loss here and would appreciate your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
From what I can find, it is indeed not available in electronic form.

SVN said:
(given the fact the paper is a few decades old, I expect it to be open-accessed).
It is usually the inverse. Most old articles are not available with regular library subscriptions, but require special subscriptions.

If you are at a university, sounds like a case for a university librarian (they get paid to help people find papers like these).

@DrClaude

It is usually the inverse. Most old articles are not available with regular library subscriptions, but require special subscriptions.
You are right. I should have used the verb «hope» in stead of «expect» (I was under pleasant impression of my yesterday's discovery that they opened access to «Annales de l'I.H.P. Physique théorique»; hoped the Italians followed the French).

Thank you very much for checking it for me. I thought I was missing something obvious.

@Ygggdrasil

I like your idea, it would be a perfect solution, but, unfortunately, I am not not at university these days.

Ygggdrasil said:
...sounds like a case for a university librarian...

SVN said:
I like your idea, it would be a perfect solution, but, unfortunately, I am not not at university these days.
Here in the US, Public libraries (usually funded by the city or the next larger political division) generally have very helpful librarians, they actually like to search for such things. Perhaps you can find something like that where you are.

Good Luck!
Tom

1. Why can't I find the home page for a specific journal?

There could be several reasons why you are having trouble finding the home page for a specific journal. It is possible that the journal may not have a dedicated website and is only available through a publisher's platform. Another possibility is that the journal has changed its name or merged with another journal, making it difficult to locate the original home page. Additionally, the journal may be in a non-English language, making it more challenging to find for non-native speakers.

2. How can I determine the home page for a specific journal?

One way to determine the home page for a specific journal is to search for it on a database or library website. These platforms usually provide direct links to the journal's home page or its publisher's platform. You can also try searching for the journal's title in a search engine, which may lead you to the journal's website or provide information about its publisher.

3. What if the home page for a specific journal is not working?

If you are unable to access the home page of a specific journal, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then reloading the page. If the issue persists, it is possible that the journal's website is temporarily down. In this case, you can try accessing the journal through a publisher's platform or contacting the publisher directly for assistance.

4. How can I access articles from a journal if I can't find its home page?

If you are unable to locate the home page for a specific journal, you can try searching for its articles on a database or library website. Many journals are also available through a publisher's platform, which can be accessed through a library or institution. Additionally, you can try contacting the publisher directly for assistance in accessing the articles.

5. Is there a way to find the home page for a specific journal if it doesn't have one?

If a journal does not have a dedicated home page, it is likely available through a publisher's platform or a database. You can try searching for the journal on these platforms or contacting the publisher for assistance. It is also possible that the journal may not be available online, and you may need to access it through a physical library or institution.