Capacitors connected in parallel to store a charge of 1.49 C?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
McAfee
Messages
96
Reaction score
1

Homework Statement


rIbhP.png

How many 1.48 µF capacitors must be connected in parallel to store a charge of 1.49 C with a potential of 105 V across the capacitors?


Homework Equations


Refer to the attempt at a solution.

The Attempt at a Solution


10AcM.jpg

Also, for the answer exact number, no tolerance. I tried just rounding the number but that didn't work. I not sure. Does it mean I should round the answer up to 9589?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi McAfee! :smile:

(i haven't checked your figures)
McAfee said:
How many 1.48 µF capacitors must be connected in parallel to store a charge of 1.49 C with a potential of 105 V across the capacitors?
…
Also, for the answer exact number, no tolerance. I tried just rounding the number but that didn't work. I not sure. Does it mean I should round the answer up to 9589?

yes, of course …

you can't buy 0.16 of a capacitor, can you? :biggrin:​
 
tiny-tim said:
Hi McAfee! :smile:

(i haven't checked your figures)


yes, of course …

you can't buy 0.16 of a capacitor, can you? :biggrin:​


You are right. Thanks for the help.